In 2014, our founder Christina was struggling to get her ish together. She was a calligrapher. No, a graphic designer. No, a yoga teacher. No, a fashion blogger. No, a floral stylist. I know, we were as confused as you are.
It’s just really hard to put your creative stake in the ground when you’re so passionate about many things. We know you probably can’t relate....we’re also hedging hard that sarcasm on the internet still comes through loud and clear.
It may come as a surprise, but this firm started by accident. Christina was at a Rising Tide Society event and reluctantly outed herself as a lawyer, forever setting her up for a lifetime of good questions about trademarks and stupid questions about DBAs (just get the dang LLC already).
"Christina is an actual genius. The protection she's provided my company (a letterpress wedding stationery and calligraphy studio) is invaluable ... And the best part? She provides clear instructions, so I'm never left wondering what the heck anything even means. The best. Thanks so much, Christina...!"
- Laura Joseph, Paper & Honey® Calligraphy + Letterpress Design Studio
Christina Scalera is the founding attorney who is always awkwardly toting around a bag of sliced oranges and Capri Suns for everyone else you see on this page.
When she’s not yammering on about trademarks or teetering on chiavari chairs for the perfect invitation suite photo, you can find her in the woods doing things that are sometimes dangerous but always fun, like riding horses, skiing and reluctantly camping.
• Ridiculously obsessed with horses. Good thing you can’t smell through the internet
• Studying for the bar exam were nine of the worst days of her life
• Occasionally “buys cakes for others,” but oops, they're out-of-town
• Poorly recovering stationery addict
Former vice president and founder of the legal department of a large, privately held company here in Atlanta, Joe brings over twelve years of litigation experience to the team.
He deals with copyright litigation and advanced trademark proceedings.
• owner of his own translation company: Lingomod
• graduated first in his engineering class
• started out in patent law and became the first to make partner in his law school class
• makes a mean steak on any Big Green Egg grill (seriously, it's better than Houston's)
The mother to two sweet young gals, Jen is arguably the hardest working and most efficient member of the SIP law team.
She takes on all trademark prosecution and contract review matters.
• Jen has two beautiful daughters, and her husband is an attorney too!